Two interesting areas
(09-30-2015, 06:12 AM)Oakland GTSM Meters Steve S in SF Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 06:08 AM)Steve S in SF Wrote: Sharp drop in dilatometer at Garin site East of Hayward fault near Hayward/ Castro Valley.
See if any other instruments reflect changes tomorrow before making a prediction.
Steve
Bay Area Dilatometers

[Image: plots.php?type=gtsm&region=sf&days=7]
GTSM Tensor Strain showing drop to on Hayward fault in Oakland- but instrument had been under repair recently. See what that instruments reading looks like tomorrow too.

(09-30-2015, 06:14 AM)Steve S in SF Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 06:12 AM)Oakland GTSM Meters  Steve S in SF Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 06:08 AM)Steve S in SF Wrote: Sharp drop in dilatometer at Garin site East of Hayward fault near Hayward/ Castro Valley.
See if any other instruments reflect changes tomorrow before making a prediction.
Steve
Bay Area Dilatometers

GTSM Tensor Strain showing drop to on Hayward fault in Oakland- but instrument had been under repair recently. See what that instruments reading looks like tomorrow too.

Trying this image, Steve?

Brian

[Image: sfb_10.png]

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
(09-30-2015, 07:43 AM)Skywise Wrote:
Steve
Bay Area Dilatometers

Brian

(10-01-2015, 05:26 AM)Steve S in SF Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 07:43 AM)Skywise Wrote:
Steve
Bay Area Dilatometers

Brian

Was actually trying to post the GTSM Tensor strain- both readings have steadied(Dilatometer too).

(10-01-2015, 05:28 AM)Steve S in SF Wrote: Was actually trying to post the GTSM Tensor strain- both readings have steadied(Dilatometer too).

Not sure which one that is. Is it on this page? http://escweb.wr.usgs.gov/share/langbein...GS_strain/

Anyway, fixed your post above. Just typed your reply in the wrong spot. The new software changed a few things, notably how quoting appears when typing a reply. This is not theme related. Took me a moment to figure out, too. Sorry for the confusion.

Just make sure you are all the way to the bottom below any outline boxes. To delete quote parts, just select and delete the text. I've learned to always preview before posting after messing up a few times myself in the past.

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
(10-01-2015, 09:13 PM)Skywise Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 05:28 AM)Steve S in SF Wrote: Was actually trying to post the GTSM Tensor strain- both readings have steadied(Dilatometer too).

Not sure which one that is. Is it on this page? http://escweb.wr.usgs.gov/share/langbein...GS_strain/

Anyway, fixed your post above. Just typed your reply in the wrong spot. The new software changed a few things, notably how quoting appears when typing a reply. This is not theme related. Took me a moment to figure out, too. Sorry for the confusion.

Just make sure you are all the way to the bottom below any outline boxes. To delete quote parts, just select and delete the text. I've learned to always preview before posting after messing up a few times myself in the past.

Brian

Yes- Actually that is a better link then what I was trying to post. Also testing reply :-)

(03-10-2015, 09:38 PM)PennyB Wrote: Two areas of note lately in California:

1.  A lovely line of small quakes from the Ventura region NE to China Lake.  Not unusual, but more quakes than I have seen there in a while.  I would not be surprised for something on the White Wolf or other faults in that trend in the next 3 months.
2.  East SF Bay area has been experiencing small quakes lately, and today had a 3.0  This area has been quiet for a long time, so wondering if something larger might be brewing in the next six months?

Don't want to clutter your trend, but sometimes I get an unscientific "hunch" about these things based upon increasing activity.

Penny

Just got back from Walnut Creek, which is about five miles from San Ramon, the current earthquake capital of California!  So many small quakes there.  Scientists are quoted as saying that swarms there are not unusual...but people down there are getting nervous.  I know that I was when staying at a big hotel with LOTS of glass and built over a parking garage!

(10-20-2015, 09:25 PM)PennyB Wrote:

1.  A lovely line of small quakes from the Ventura region NE to China Lake.  Not unusual, but more quakes than I have seen there in a while.  I would not be surprised for something on the White Wolf or other faults in that trend in the next 3 months.
2.  East SF Bay area has been experiencing small quakes lately, and today had a 3.0  This area has been quiet for a long time, so wondering if something larger might be brewing in the next six months?

Don't want to clutter your trend, but sometimes I get an unscientific "hunch" about these things based upon increasing activity.

Penny

Just got back from Walnut Creek, which is about five miles from San Ramon, the current earthquake capital of California!  So many small quakes there.  Scientists are quoted as saying that swarms there are not unusual...but people down there are getting nervous.  I know that I was when staying at a big hotel with LOTS of glass and built over a parking garage!
The area has grown so much with those glass building with glass last few decades since they had any 5's out there.

Penny

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/e...al_summary

The magnitude and frequency seem to be increasing.  I see that the USGS is being comforting about the possibility of a larger event...but can't say I am confident about that.  Who knows?