Any astronomy buffs?
I was just wondering if anyone else is interested in astronomy like myself.

Actually, I am curious about any other topics that we might want to share. I know Chris likes to discuss climate change, which seems to have plenty of interest here given the few of us.

I was just contemplating the idea that if there was enough interest I could add appropriate forums. I was thinking maybe a space/astronomy related subforum could be called "skywaves" in keeping with the theme of the website. I suppose anything "sky" related could go there, including weather.

In general, just contemplating the idea of opening up to more than just earth sciences.

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
(11-25-2014, 03:23 AM)Skywise Wrote: I was just wondering if anyone else is interested in astronomy like myself.

Actually, I am curious about any other topics that we might want to share. I know Chris likes to discuss climate change, which seems to have plenty of interest here given the few of us.

I was just contemplating the idea that if there was enough interest I could add appropriate forums. I was thinking maybe a space/astronomy related subforum could be called "skywaves" in keeping with the theme of the website. I suppose anything "sky" related could go there, including weather.

In general, just contemplating the idea of opening up to more than just earth sciences.

Sure, why not as long as it doesn't turn into another Earthboppin'

Roger

(11-25-2014, 02:09 PM)Roger Hunter Wrote: Sure, why not as long as it doesn't turn into another Earthboppin'

Roger

Well, they don't have a moderator, sooooo...... Tongue

Brian

Sure, why not as long as it doesn't turn into another Earthboppin'

Roger

Hey you forgot to mention the other one SYZYGY!!!Tongue

Jim W.

I would prefer you not have a separate site for it. Either just do it as we have been in one of the existing categories, or just add a new category for astronomy.

Yes, I am interested in astronomy; only real academic award I ever won; 200 student class, I studies for final by going to the bar, and then maybe an hour after midnight. Got a subscription to Sky and Telescope for a year out of that.

Chris

(11-27-2014, 01:44 PM)Island Chris Wrote: I would prefer you not have a separate site for it. Either just do it as we have been in one of the existing categories, or just add a new category for astronomy.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant a new sub-forum, not a new website.

Brian