M6.0 California north Bay area
I'm surprised someone else did not post on this as soon as they felt it: M6.0 north of California Bay area, near Napa. USS says between Hayward fault and the next big fault to its east. Is strike-slip, probably on the NW-SE plane, so right-lateral. Don't have much to say that you all don't already know.

Chris

(08-24-2014, 02:47 PM)Island Chris Wrote: I'm surprised someone else did not post on this as soon as they felt it: M6.0 north of California Bay area, near Napa. USS says between Hayward fault and the next big fault to its east. Is strike-slip, probably on the NW-SE plane, so right-lateral. Don't have much to say that you all don't already know.

Chris

chris
please see my prediction (24th august)on my blog
http://earthquake-prediction.blogspot.com/
and web page
http://earthquakeprediction.webs.com/
Amit

(08-24-2014, 02:47 PM)Island Chris Wrote: I'm surprised someone else did not post on this as soon as they felt it: M6.0 north of California Bay area, near Napa. USS says between Hayward fault and the next big fault to its east. Is strike-slip, probably on the NW-SE plane, so right-lateral. Don't have much to say that you all don't already know.

Chris

Once again we lucked out...the quake occurred at about 3:20 AM...so most folks were at home. Saw photos of the outdoor wine bars, etc., now covered in bricks.

Penny

(08-24-2014, 07:05 PM)PennyB Wrote:

Chris

Once again we lucked out...the quake occurred at about 3:20 AM...so most folks were at home. Saw photos of the outdoor wine bars, etc., now covered in bricks.

Penny

I was about 30 miles to the West in Guerneville on bedrock and first floor of a cabin. Felt ground beneath shaking. Earthquake waves had to go thru Rogers Creek Fault before they reached me so that dampened them. Didn't post as no cell service and I don't have Internet in Guerneville. And when I went into Santa Rosa a few hours after quake- Sprint cell coverage was down there(maybe earthquake related). Also- without radio either- so at first I thought it was 5 something from Geyers Geothermal area(which is closer)

Chris

Has anyone seen (or have ideas about) stress changes resulting from the Napa quake?? Wondering how this might affect other Bay area faults.

(08-25-2014, 05:54 PM)PennyB Wrote: Has anyone seen (or have ideas about) stress changes resulting from the Napa quake?? Wondering how this might affect other Bay area faults.

Ross Stein does a lot of work in this area and has developed software for figuring this out.

The USGS page for this quake already has a link to a graphic by him in the scientific subsection.

Brian

[Image: M6AmerCynCFF.jpg]

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
(08-25-2014, 08:32 PM)Skywise Wrote:
(08-25-2014, 05:54 PM)PennyB Wrote: Has anyone seen (or have ideas about) stress changes resulting from the Napa quake?? Wondering how this might affect other Bay area faults.

Ross Stein does a lot of work in this area and has developed software for figuring this out.

The USGS page for this quake already has a link to a graphic by him in the scientific subsection.

Brian

[Image: M6AmerCynCFF.jpg]

Thanks Brian.