drift away from rational thought
Well, two emails were delivered at same minute , 10 PM last night, rejecting both of my proposals. So, I have 2 funded but none pending.

I thought some of you would enjoy the clip from one of the reviews:

"Based on ****'s previous work, he will involve scads of students in the research effort. One can't argue with that given the drift of 40% of our voters away from rational thought (although the state of California isn't the source of that problem). "

("****" is not me).

Chris

(06-14-2014, 01:14 PM)Island Chris Wrote: Well, two emails were delivered at same minute , 10 PM last night, rejecting both of my proposals. So, I have 2 funded but none pending.

"Based on ****'s previous work, he will involve scads of students in the research effort. One can't argue with that given the drift of 40% of our voters away from rational thought (although the state of California isn't the source of that problem). "

("****" is not me).

Chris

Winston Churchill apparently once said, "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

One of the downsides of freedom of choice is that people are free to choose badly.

I ponder quite regularly the problem of education in society. It's a catch-22. Those who are educated understand the importance of education and have a desire to become more educated. Those who are lacking in education have no desire for further education and many go so far as to shun education as something bad.

Novum Aevum Obscurum

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
(06-14-2014, 01:14 PM)Island Chris Wrote: Well, two emails were delivered at same minute , 10 PM last night, rejecting both of my proposals. So, I have 2 funded but none pending.

("****" is not me).

Chris

So Sorry Chris! I do see the drift...constantly argue with folks (well, actually I've mostly given it up!) about geo stuff. A big portion of our county's economy comes from the spiritual folks who think that the mountain actually has cities of gold in it, and UFOs flying around! 40 percent of our population voted to leave the USA in the last election...in order to have a "Godly" Society.

I think that the world is getting ready to plunge into another dark age! So---guess I'll have another martini!

Concerning:

So---guess I'll have another martini!
[/quote]

I had a bottle of Spanish sparkling wine to celebrate all that work I will not have to do. And, planted some more in my vegetable garden.

The following may or may not be WC Fields: "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. "

Let's hear it for the Shasta economy! Rhode Island has the highest unemployment rate in the country; maybe the government should encourage rumors of alien colonies beneath Narragansett Bay!

Chris

The link is a fairly long video of a Jon Stuart show, but pretty good:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/06/20...tail=email#