Earthwaves Earth Sciences Forum
Lets try for the small fry - Printable Version

+- Earthwaves Earth Sciences Forum (http://www.earthwaves.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Earthwaves (http://www.earthwaves.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Earthquake Predictions (http://www.earthwaves.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Lets try for the small fry (/showthread.php?tid=336)

Pages: 1 2

Lets try for the small fry - Duffy - 12-07-2015

Hi Guy's

Didn't mean to give you the brush off, not thinking straight lately .... spent three years trying to get were I am now, expecting to get one or two good signals, and suddenly I'm inundated with data .... burnt myself out trying to keep up with it !.  Best I can describe (for the present) of what I'm receiving now is something similar to a highly focused Moon bounce effect, and all the EM anomalies are lighting up like Vegas ... in real time!! .

My observatory is underground, and as you rightly assumed it gets pretty cold, add that with sleep deprivation and you've got a bad combo.  These anomalies are like an energy build up, some big, some small ... The other night I saw a big one near Baja CA .. forgot about the science and panicked.

Now thankfully, I'm rested, back in the real world and I'm going to analyse this in smaller stages ... I  realise only I believe me Undecided , and until proven otherwise it's still a very sceptical subject as Chris rightly implied.   So I thought I'd try another prediction (something closer to home, for some) but I'll post in the morning as I've still a little work to do.

Re-read my posts .. stepped back and said "Who the hell is this" ... Don't know why I was rambling on about Brian and CA, In my delusional state I would have thought I'd be more concerned about the price of my Orange juice going up .... and then Brian Smile .

Didn't mean to bite back at Chris, hope he understands, I might be a lousy predictor but I'm in a class of my own when it comes to apologies !!!.  

Duffy,

RE: Lets try for the small fry - Roger Hunter - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 12:24 AM)Duffy Wrote: Hi Guy's

Didn't mean to give you the brush off, not thinking straight lately .... spent three years trying to get were I am now, expecting to get one or two good signals, and suddenly I'm inundated with data .... burnt myself out trying to keep up with it !.  Best I can describe (for the present) of what I'm receiving now is something similar to a highly focused Moon bounce effect, and all the EM anomalies are lighting up like Vegas ... in real time!! .

My observatory is underground, and as you rightly assumed it gets pretty cold, add that with sleep deprivation and you've got a bad combo.  These anomalies are like an energy build up, some big, some small ... The other night I saw a big one near Baja CA .. forgot about the science and panicked.

Now thankfully, I'm rested, back in the real world and I'm going to analyse this in smaller stages ... I  realise only I believe me Undecided , and until proven otherwise it's still a very sceptical subject as Chris rightly implied.   So I thought I'd try another prediction (something closer to home, for some) but I'll post in the morning as I've still a little work to do.

Re-read my posts .. stepped back and said "Who the hell is this" ... Don't know why I was rambling on about Brian and CA, In my delusional state I would have thought I'd be more concerned about the price of my Orange juice going up .... and then Brian Smile .

Didn't mean to bite back at Chris, hope he understands, I might be a lousy predictor but I'm in a class of my own when it comes to apologies !!!.  

Duffy,

Duffy;

It's OK, we understand and are just happy you're well.

As to predictions, don't worry about the small ones, they're too common to prove anything.

Roger

RE: Lets try for the small fry - Island Chris - 12-07-2015

Hooray, back to the kind of post from Duffy I like!

I'm having trouble sleeping the last few weeks because of the big stressful changes in my life. But I had a fantastic weekend, an Italian scientist just arrive to work with me on Antarctica (Terror Rift), and I just received an email this morning that our paper (Akbayram, Sorlien, and Okay) on the North Anatolian fault system near and east of Istanbul is accepted for publication!

Chris

RE: Lets try for the small fry - Duffy - 12-07-2015

Hey Chris,

Said you guy's would be having me round for Thanks Giving,  little late perhaps but what's a week or two between sceptics Shy.  Congratulations on your work being accepted for publication, I hope in the near future I get the chance to feel how your feeling now.  It's strange how one can become so dedicated to one goal ... your so close to fitting the pieces together ... then something wakes you from your dream, and you realise just how much of your life has been falling apart around you !!, been buying batteries for monitors instead of flowers for my wife, think you know were I'm coming from.
       Could have bought Mother-in-law some flowers, but she'd probably think I was trying to get on her good side, so I could borrow money to buy batteries Undecided, no win situation here.

I appreciate Roger's advice, but I'm afraid I'm going to be doing the complete opposite, and predict on the one place on Earth that seems to be going off regular as clockwork on a geological scale ... Oklahoma.   I went to Jodrel Bank observatory a few weeks ago (home of the Lovell telescope), started chatting to a guy who had been working their for over 40 years, asked him a couple of questions about the moon, which in general are common knowledge amongst the armature astronomy community.    His reply was " Sorry son, left the Moon back in my student days, on to mapping amino-acids and sugars in distant Nebula clouds now, but I'll see if I can find someone to answer your questions".  I mean no disrespect to the guy, but it stands to reason, why would someone who after a 40 year career and is now looking at Nebulas 2 billion light years away, want to go back to looking at the moon through a telescope!.

My point is, I have some nice toys, and know enough to know when I'm on to something, thinks happened so fast that instead of learning from the smaller anomalies like I should have done,  I when half way round the world chasing after something like the Energy beast from "Forbidden Planet".  I now realise that task if for some future Leslie Neilson to take on, so I thought I'd try for some fire flies instead, which in my view is Oklahoma.

I came out with some strange claims over the past few days, about a correlation between the Sun, Moon and Earthquakes, and though I believe the theory is sound, it should be rightly tested.  I realise it's the given truth that if you predicted a small quake in Oklahoma in the next five days, you would probably be right, in fact you may get two or three!.  But if you found the trigger and knew what time it was going to go off ( allowing for a small margin of error), that would probably bring people back from looking at Nebula's, to the Moon again !!. 

I have listed here, the three most resent events, relevant to the basis of my prediction.

M2.8 Byron, Oklahoma         4th Dec  event at 17:31 UT      Moon-set at  19:36 UT  (2 hours 6 minutes later)

M3.0 Stroud, Oklahoma        6th Dec  event at 18:25 UT      Moon-set at   20:32 UT  (2 hours 7 minutes later)

M3.0 Cherokee, Oklahoma    6th Dec  event at 18:30 UT      Moon-set at    20:37 UT (2 hours 7 minutes later)

If the pattern continues to follow suit (assuming there's anything in this?) and an event occurs  tonight, it should be 2 hours 8 minutes after Moon-set, tomorrow should be 2 hours 9 minutes, the 9th should also be 2 hours 9 minutes, the 10th 2 hours 10 minutes, the 11th 2 hours 11 minutes.
On all counts, I would allow a margin of error +/- 10 minutes.

That's my 5 day prediction for Oklahoma, times relate to any active area within the State, I'm not saying a quake will occur every night, but if by some miracle I get one, then it might be worth considering a second look at the Moon !!!

Have to go now, try to catch the florist before they close Shy .

Duffy,

RE: Lets try for the small fry - Duffy - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 03:33 PM)Duffy Wrote: Hey Chris,

Said you guy's would be having me round for Thanks Giving,  little late perhaps but what's a week or two between sceptics Shy.  Congratulations on your work being accepted for publication, I hope in the near future I get the chance to feel how your feeling now.  It's strange how one can become so dedicated to one goal ... your so close to fitting the pieces together ... then something wakes you from your dream, and you realise just how much of your life has been falling apart around you !!, been buying batteries for monitors instead of flowers for my wife, think you know were I'm coming from.
       Could have bought Mother-in-law some flowers, but she'd probably think I was trying to get on her good side, so I could borrow money to buy batteries Undecided, no win situation here.

I appreciate Roger's advice, but I'm afraid I'm going to be doing the complete opposite, and predict on the one place on Earth that seems to be going off regular as clockwork on a geological scale ... Oklahoma.   I went to Jodrel Bank observatory a few weeks ago (home of the Lovell telescope), started chatting to a guy who had been working their for over 40 years, asked him a couple of questions about the moon, which in general are common knowledge amongst the armature astronomy community.    His reply was " Sorry son, left the Moon back in my student days, on to mapping amino-acids and sugars in distant Nebula clouds now, but I'll see if I can find someone to answer your questions".  I mean no disrespect to the guy, but it stands to reason, why would someone who after a 40 year career and is now looking at Nebulas 2 billion light years away, want to go back to looking at the moon through a telescope!.

My point is, I have some nice toys, and know enough to know when I'm on to something, thinks happened so fast that instead of learning from the smaller anomalies like I should have done,  I when half way round the world chasing after something like the Energy beast from "Forbidden Planet".  I now realise that task if for some future Leslie Neilson to take on, so I thought I'd try for some fire flies instead, which in my view is Oklahoma.

I came out with some strange claims over the past few days, about a correlation between the Sun, Moon and Earthquakes, and though I believe the theory is sound, it should be rightly tested.  I realise it's the given truth that if you predicted a small quake in Oklahoma in the next five days, you would probably be right, in fact you may get two or three!.  But if you found the trigger and knew what time it was going to go off ( allowing for a small margin of error), that would probably bring people back from looking at Nebula's, to the Moon again !!. 

I have listed here, the three most resent events, relevant to the basis of my prediction.

M2.8 Byron, Oklahoma         4th Dec  event at 17:31 UT      Moon-set at  19:36 UT  (2 hours 6 minutes later)

M3.0 Stroud, Oklahoma        6th Dec  event at 18:25 UT      Moon-set at   20:32 UT  (2 hours 7 minutes later)

M3.0 Cherokee, Oklahoma    6th Dec  event at 18:30 UT      Moon-set at    20:37 UT (2 hours 7 minutes later)

If the pattern continues to follow suit (assuming there's anything in this?) and an event occurs  tonight, it should be 2 hours 8 minutes after Moon-set, tomorrow should be 2 hours 9 minutes, the 9th should also be 2 hours 9 minutes, the 10th 2 hours 10 minutes, the 11th 2 hours 11 minutes.

That's my 5 day prediction for Oklahoma, times relate to any active area within the State, I'm not saying a quake will occur every night, but if by some miracle I get one, then it might be worth considering a second look at the Moon !!!

Duffy,
Small error, it should read as " event BEFORE Moon-set ", Not after OOPS !!

Duffy,

RE: Lets try for the small fry - Roger Hunter - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 04:02 PM)Duffy Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 03:33 PM)Duffy Wrote: Hey Chris,

Duffy,
Small error, it should read as " event BEFORE Moon-set ", Not after OOPS !!

Duffy,
Duffy;

How are you getting moonset times for small towns in Oklahoma?

Roger

RE: Lets try for the small fry - Duffy - 12-11-2015

[quote pid='1214' dateline='1449504620']
Duffy;

Roger
[/quote]
Sorry for delay Roger, was out of town (pardon the pun) visiting friends before Christmas.   I'm using a website called  http://www.sunrisesunsetmap.com, you can use it like an interactive google map.  Looks like I missed my guess on Oklahoma, should have gone for Challis, Idaho ??, still, there's always tomorrow!.

Duffy,

RE: Lets try for the small fry - Roger Hunter - 12-11-2015

(12-11-2015, 12:04 AM)Duffy Wrote: [quote pid='1214' dateline='1449504620']
Duffy;

Roger
Sorry for delay Roger, was out of town (pardon the pun) visiting friends before Christmas.   I'm using a website called  http://www.sunrisesunsetmap.com, you can use it like an interactive google map.  Looks like I missed my guess on Oklahoma, should have gone for Challis, Idaho ??, still, there's always tomorrow!.

Duffy,
[/quote]

Hi Duffy;

You sound better. I can understand you!

I have a program which computes it for any input location, but it's written in Qbasic.
I'm converting it to TrueBasic and adding a routine to read a quake file.

The idea is to get moon set time for the quakes and see if quakes happen when you think they should.

Unfortunately I'm getting the wrong answer and errors like that are hard to find since I can't run the original to see each step's correct answer.

That's why programming is interesting.

Roger

RE: Lets try for the small fry - Roger Hunter - 12-11-2015

(12-11-2015, 12:17 AM)Roger Hunter Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 12:04 AM)Duffy Wrote: [quote pid='1214' dateline='1449504620']
Duffy;

Roger

Duffy,

Hi Duffy;

You sound better. I can understand you!

I have a program which computes it for any input location, but it's written in Qbasic.
I'm converting it to TrueBasic and adding a routine to read a quake file.

The idea is to get moon set time for the quakes and see if quakes happen when you think they should.

Unfortunately I'm getting the wrong answer and errors like that are hard to find since I can't run the original to see each step's correct answer.

That's why programming is interesting.

Roger
[/quote]

Addendum;

I found qbasic so now I can run it, get intermediate values and compare them to TB at that point.

That's if I can find time in between Dr appts and Xmas shopping.

Roger

RE: Lets try for the small fry - Duffy - 12-11-2015

Feeling much better now Roger, even I can understand me again Wink , had a bit of a Bruce Willis saving LA complex back there, but been taking two a day as the Doc suggested, and think I've banished him for a while.   

My Oklahoma prediction didn't turn out to well, but think I'll give it another shot in a couple of weeks .. need time to refine the data a little more.

Restored two systems this week, third one is being stubborn but retrievable, built a kind of Faraday cage round my obb today, hoping to save battery drain in the future.

Hope it's nothing to serious with the Doc apps !, did my Xmas shopping tonight, I have 4 laptop's in front of me at the moment, first has USGS data, second has EMSC data, third has that gibberish on it that you love so much, and the last has Amazon and Ebay for Xmas shopping. Who said men can't multi-task Tongue .

Big, Big signal from the Turkish region this evening !!!!

Duffy,