Earthwaves Earth Sciences Forum

Full Version: Fault system off San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles counties could produce magnitude 7.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fault system off San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles counties could produce magnitude 7.3 earthquake

Study finds rupture of offshore Newport-Inglewood/Rose Canyon fault is possible
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...130842.htm
Thanks Steve,

With my co-authors I mapped this fault system and published this work in 2015 in Geosphere. This paper has been ignored, or at least not cited, so far. I'll download the paper you linked to now.

Chris
(03-10-2017, 12:46 AM)Island Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Steve,

With my co-authors I mapped this fault system and published this work in 2015 in Geosphere. This paper has been ignored, or at least not cited, so far. I'll download the paper you linked to now.

Chris
Thanks Chris- looked for your name in this paper when I read it. Know you've done a lot of mapping/research in the area.
Steve
They did not cite my paper (Sorlien et al, Geosphere, 2015). They missed a northeast strand of the Newport-Inglewood fault that we mapped off of Carlsbad; they used no seismic reflection data that extended far enough northeast there.

Chris