Earthwaves Earth Sciences Forum

Full Version: Prediction ( J50 ) 16 / 11 / 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Prediction (J50)

Longitude .......... 157' 02' E

Latitude ............. 8' 37' S

Error .................. +/- 2'

Magnitude .......... 5.5 - 6.5

Location ............. Solomon Islands

Start Date ........... 17:53 ut  16th Nov

Expiry Date ......... 00:00 ut  16th Dec

Duffy
(11-16-2016, 05:53 PM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]Prediction (J50)

Duffy

................................................................................................................................................................................

Update ... New data relating to this prediction now places latitude and longitude at bearing 161' 26' E by 8' 46' S

161'E very prominent in space weather today (22nd Nov) ... Spike in ACE (SIS) at 17:40 ut ... 92' E 90% !

Duffy
(11-22-2016, 10:09 PM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]

Duffy

................................................................................................................................................................................

Update ... New data relating to this prediction now places latitude and longitude at bearing 161' 26' E by 8' 46' S

161'E very prominent in space weather today (22nd Nov) ... Spike in ACE (SIS) at 17:40 ut ... 92' E 90% !

Duffy
(11-23-2016, 01:42 AM)Roger Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]

Duffy

Duffy

Duffy;

How big does this spreadsheet have to be before I can work with it?

Roger
(11-23-2016, 02:03 AM)Roger Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]

Duffy

Duffy

Duffy;

Roger

J55 was the last one ... I've been a stranger to my family all year, I don't intend to be over Christmas.

Format is the same as I posted in results. I'm sending my sheet in after 21st Dec, and then we'll see what happens !

J1 to J30 was aimed at longitude, the rest include latitude, the work was rushed to get the numbers (quantity over quality).

Do with it what you will.

Duffy
(11-23-2016, 10:53 AM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2016, 02:03 AM)Roger Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]

Duffy

Duffy

Duffy;

Roger

J55 was the last one ... I've been a stranger to my family all year, I don't intend to be over Christmas.

Format is the same as I posted in results. I'm sending my sheet in after 21st Dec, and then we'll see what happens !

J1 to J30 was aimed at longitude, the rest include latitude, the work was rushed to get the numbers (quantity over quality).

Duffy

M 7.0 Off coast of Central America 18:43:48 ut at longitude 88' 49' W

Sunrise time in this region of the Solomon's today (24th Nov) 18:44 ut !

Opposite longitude of 88' W = 92' E !

There is combination here ! ... find the combination and you find time of event, computer modelling could do this !

Finding the right data is easy ... finding the right people isn't !

Happy Thanksgiving 

Duffy
(11-24-2016, 07:45 PM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2016, 02:03 AM)Roger Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]Duffy;

Roger

Duffy

There is combination here ! ... find the combination and you find time of event, computer modelling could do this !

Happy Thanksgiving 

Duffy

Yes, that's what I'll be doing, once I get your data.

When will that be?

Roger
(11-25-2016, 03:00 AM)Roger Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]

Roger

Duffy

Happy Thanksgiving 

Duffy

When will that be?

Roger

No offence, but asking for a couple of samples of "correct" answers for a computer program, then bark " Never mind the little ones" doesn't exactly inspire one's confidence ... makes it hard to stay away from high horses !

Besides, no point sending data now unless you can pull a few strings and stop them decommissioning the ACE satellite. It's already being shut off for long periods, and affecting the data I need to cover the Pacific rim.  I've tried making statement with any results anybody has deemed noteworthy ... but I'm just a hobbyist, what do I know !

To find quakes in the future, you need that satellite.  I tried to tell the professor but he's only interested in numbers !

Duffy
(11-25-2016, 01:27 PM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]

Roger

Duffy

Happy Thanksgiving 

Duffy

When will that be?

Roger

No offence, but asking for a couple of samples of "correct" answers for a computer program, then bark " Never mind the little ones" doesn't exactly inspire one's confidence ... makes it hard to stay away from high horses !

Besides, no point sending data now unless you can pull a few strings and stop them decommissioning the ACE satellite. It's already being shut off for long periods, and affecting the data I need to cover the Pacific rim.  I've tried making statement with any results anybody has deemed noteworthy ... but I'm just a hobbyist, what do I know !

To find quakes in the future, you need that satellite.  I tried to tell the professor but he's only interested in numbers !

Duffy

Duffy;

I don't understand.

I didn't ask for a couple of samples. You said you had a spreadsheet containing all your predictions.
That's what I want. You can't prove anything with small samples.

And I don't recall barking at you.

I don't know anyone associated with the ACE satellite, sorry.

Like your professor I can only deal with numbers. However, if the numbers show you can predict quakes using the ACE data it might have some effect on their program.

Impasse.

Roger
(11-25-2016, 02:43 PM)Roger Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2016, 01:27 PM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2016, 10:53 AM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]J55 was the last one ... I've been a stranger to my family all year, I don't intend to be over Christmas.

Duffy

Happy Thanksgiving 

Duffy

When will that be?

Roger

Duffy

Duffy;

I don't understand.

I didn't ask for a couple of samples. You said you had a spreadsheet containing all your predictions.
That's what I want. You can't prove anything with small samples.

And I don't recall barking at you.

I don't know anyone associated with the ACE satellite, sorry.

Like your professor I can only deal with numbers. However, if the numbers show you can predict quakes using the ACE data it might have some effect on their program.

Impasse.

Roger

Roger

I believe you are being sincere about not remembering our conversations, if I was dealing with multiple correspondents, on multiple sites, I don't think I would remember everything either.  With respect to you, I'm finishing this particular conversation here. The spread sheet I submitted to the University is the same as I posted in " Results for J series ".

I didn't expect you to know anyone related to ACE, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I was rushing my work to gain influence against it being decommissioned.  Many of my predictions are still coming in upside down or back to front, but I'm nearly there ... or was nearly there.  My futile effort is the reason I "barked" at you .. so apologies.  I don't have thick skin, but I do have hair and I would like to keep it, so lets not do this again !

Duffy
Pages: 1 2