Earthwaves Earth Sciences Forum

Full Version: extreme USA December weather vs global warming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Everyone (and, where have you all gone? Post!)

I had been very curious about how much of change is just weather vs. global warming. The answer is "yes"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/25/opinions/s...index.html

I only read the text: I did not watch the video.

Here, in Rhode Island, record High temperatures for the date were set December 24 and December 25. These records were both set last year, 2014.

The warmth is so extreme that the bulbs are sprouting and the cherry trees are blooming. I have been playing tennis outdoors in shorts and Tshirt.

I took this picture on Christmas day. The tree was being swarmed by honey bees. A friend kept bees for 10 or 15 years and she said that warm winters are bad for bees.
(12-27-2015, 10:23 AM)Island Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Everyone (and, where have you all gone? Post!)

I had been very curious about how much of change is just weather vs. global warming. The answer is "yes"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/25/opinions/s...index.html

I only read the text: I did not watch the video.

Here, in Rhode Island, record High temperatures for the date were set December 24 and December 25. These records were both set last year, 2014.

The warmth is so extreme that the bulbs are sprouting and the cherry trees are blooming. I have been playing tennis outdoors in shorts and Tshirt.

I took this picture on Christmas day. The tree was being swarmed by honey bees. A friend kept bees for 10 or 15 years and she said that warm winters are bad for bees.

Hi Chris;

here in Colorado we've been alternating between warm and cold. 3 degrees this AM, snow on Xmas, 40s and above earlier.

Roger
Roger Hunter

Roger, that sounds pretty normal if you are on the boundary between High Plains and Rockies like Denver/Boulder etc. 70 deg one day and snow the next. What we have had in Rhode Island (and all over the east) is certainly not normal. But, yesterday was the last day of the warmth. I mountain biked over 4 hours yesterday and it was 60 deg.
Happy New Year!
Chris